Competition for branded movies engaging with customers
Photo session at Branded Shorts Conference
In recent years companies and organizations have begun using videos in their marketing to improve the image of brands and products, creating branded movies that communicate brand messages and the value of services directly to customers. In 2016, we established Branded Shorts, a strand that specializes in this genre of short films, as a response to the growth in this video advertising market.
We are now holding a call for domestic and international submissions for the 2017 edition of the festival. In addition to screening a wide variety of branded movies we will hold more events and seminars that explore the video advertising market further, building on subjects addressed at our inaugural 2016 edition.
（For further details see: brandedshorts.jp）
Winner of Branded Shorts Special Recognition Award: Nestlé Japan Ltd.
Winner of Branded Shorts of the Year International Category: Johnnie Walker Blue Label
Winner of Branded Shorts of the Year National Category: WASEDA Academy
August 1 (Mon), 2016 – March 31 (Fri), 2017
Each month we plan to pick up works of interest from those submitted and introduce them on the official Branded Shorts website, and will screened at Branded Shorts 2017.
August 1 (Mon), 2016 – November 30 (Wed), 2016: 20,000 JPY (inc. tax)
December 1 (Thu), 2016 – March 31 (Fri), 2017: 30,000 JPY (inc. tax)
1. Release Period:
Branded movies that have been released between January 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017.
（A minimum of two thirds of the total release period of the movie must fall within January 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017.）
3. Rules of Participation:
Submissions must be videos produced with the aim of communicating the brand or services of a company/organization to its customers. The company/organization can be part of any industry. The movie can be submitted by any relevant party; the company/organization it was produced for, the advertising company, the production company etc..
1. In order to promote Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia and Branded Shorts, selected works may be screened/streamed at events or via websites operated by the Committee for Short Shorts (operations company: Pacific Voice Inc.) or other third parties involved.
2. The Entrant Company has to receive approval from all related companies
3. To avoid conflict with the aforementioned stipulation, please ensure that the individual rights relating to writers, performers, musicians etc. have all been cleared in advance before submitting.
【Other things to note】
1. More than one branded movie produced for the same campaign may be submitted but only if submitted separately. Individual submission is required.
2. If submitted work is in a language other than English or Japanese, please submit and English or Japanese script or dialogue list.
3. Refunds will not be offered under any circumstances.
【How to submit】
1. Fill in online entry form
We will send a confirmation email with the submission number to your email address.
2. Please zip all files in one file and upload it.
*Please note that zipped file should be named as the submission number provided in confirmation email.
3. Go to the payment page.
There are two ways to pay the entry fee; PayPal or wire transfer.
If you would like to pay in an alternative way, please contact email@example.com
- Movie File
Format: H.264 (Mov or Mp4)
- Film Still
- Film Credits
- Script/Dialogue List in English or Japanese