Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia (SSFF & ASIA), an Academy Awards® accredited short film festival, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and SSFF & ASIA in Yokohama will be held in collaboration with the largest dance festival in Japan 'Dance Dance Dance @ YOKOHAMA 2018' at the Yokohama Museum of Art.
'Dance Dance Dance @ YOKOHAMA 2018' is a triennial dance event featuring a wide variety of dance such as ballet, contemporary, street, social, cheer and classical Japanese. This event is open to audiences of all ages, genders and nationalities, and also welcomes the handicapped to participate. SSFF & ASIA in Yokohama will screen programs with this year's award winning shorts including the recipient of the George Lucas Award (Grand Prix), a program for kids and parents, as well as the War & The Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross. As part of the collaboration, a special dance talk event will also be held.
SSFF & ASIA 2018 in Yokohama Event Summary
- Title :
- Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2018 in Yokohama (SSFF & ASIA in YOKOHAMA)
- Duration of event :
- Aug 17th, 2018 (Fri) – Aug 19th, 2018 (Sun)
- Venue :
- Yokohama Museum of Art Lecture Hall
- Contents :
- Screening of short films carefully selected from the works screened during the SSFF & ASIA 2018 which was held in June. In addition, as a special event, working together with "Dance Dance Dance @ YOKOHAMA" , we will be holding a panel session with screenings of dance-themed works.
* More details will be announced towards the end of July.
- Admission fees :
- Free (Except one event)
- Organized by :
- Committee for Short Shorts
- Co-organized by :
- Yokohama Arts Festival executive committee
Yokohama Museum of Art
3-4-1, Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 220-0012, Japan
From Minatomirai Station on the Minatomirai Line which links with the Tokyu Toyoko Line: 3 minutes walk from Exit No.3 via Grand Galleria in MARK IS Minatomirai, or 5 minutes walk from the Exit for MARK IS (the exit opens at 10:00 a.m.).
From Sakuragicho Station on the JR lines (the Keihin - Tohoku Line and the Negishi Line) and on the Yokohama Municipal Subway: 10 minutes walk via the moving sidewalk.
For more detail, please check the website of Yokohama Museum of Art