【Screenings abroad】Cinefest Gato Preto
Cinefest Gato Pret kicked off its new edition from November 5th (Mon), and SSFF & ASIA is showing 8 films from the festival in the Japan Program!
Cinefest Gato Preto is an annual film festival held every November in San Paulo, Brazil. The name “Gato Preto” signifies “black cat” in Portuguese, which is also the symbol in the logo. The festival will be held for 7 days from November 5th to 11th, 2018.
The films screening in the Japan Program are:
- “Dead Run” (Dir. Daishi Kato)
- “PAY PHONE” (Dir. Yurugu Matsumoto)
- “A Can of Peach” (Dir. Shinya Kawakami)
- “Fill and Moo” (Dir. Toshiko Hata)
- “A Distant Time Under the Moonlight” (Dir. Tsukasa Kishimoto)
- “Michi’s Suburban Commute” (Dir. Tsugihisa Tanaka)
- “My secret school days” (Dir. Yoko Asano)
- “the Fire Celebration at Kurama” (Dir. Yosuke Tani)
Cinefest Gato Preto: November 5 – 11, 2018
Venue: UNIFATEA | Teatro Teresa D’Avila, Lorena, San Paulo, Brazil
URL: https://www.cinefestgatopreto.com.br/ (Available only in Portuguese)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cinefestgatopreto/ (Available only in Portuguese)