What is BRANDED SHORTS？
Traditional communication strategies become less effective in forming consumer engagement. As the way we communicate changes, an increasing number of companies are breaking into movie marketing. "Branded movies" are especially unique in that they are committed to producing value for consumers with the power of storytelling and entertainment while reflecting on a brand’s philosophies and ideas.
SSFF & ASIA launched BRANDED SHORTS in 2016 to introduce successful branded works. We are now holding a call for domestic and international submissions for the 2020 edition of the festival. In addition to screening a wide variety of branded movies, we will be holding more events and seminars that explore the video advertising market further, building on the subjects addressed.
1. Release Period
Branded movies that have/will have their first release between January 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
Under 25 minutes.
3. Rules for Participation
Submissions must be videos produced with the aim of communicating the brand or services of a company/organization to its customers. The company/organization can be part of any industry. The movie can be submitted by any relevant party; the company/organization it was produced for, the advertising company, the production company etc.
Entry Period and Entry Fee
August 1st, 2020 (Thu) – October 31st, 2019 (Thu): 20,000 JPY (inc. tax)
November 1st, 2019 (Fri) – February 29th, 2020 (Sat): 30,000 JPY (inc. tax)
- In order to promote Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia and Branded Shorts, selected works may be screened/streamed at events or via websites managed by the Committee for Short Shorts (operations company: Pacific Voice Inc.) or other third parties involved.
- The entering company must receive approval from all related parties.
- To avoid conflict with the aforementioned stipulation, please ensure that the individual rights relating to writers, performers, musicians etc. have all been cleared in advance before submitting.
Other things to note
- If the submitted work is in a language other than English or Japanese, please submit an English or Japanese script or dialogue list.
- Refunds will not be issued under any circumstances.
SSFF & ASIA will select nominated works. Nominated works will be introduced on the official website and then will be screened at SSFF & ASIA 2020.
Submitted works will be evaluated on 7 criteria
Out of the nominated works, jury members from various backgrounds will select the Branded Shorts of the Year.
For the winners of Branded Shorts of the Year 2019, please visit here.
SUNRISE CineAD Award
With their philosophy “make movies a communication medium”, specializing exclusively in cinema related advertising and promotional opportunities, SUNRISE Company Limited together with BRANDED SHORTS, will present the SUNRISE CineAD Award to the most cinematic branded movie.
For more details about SUNRISE CineAD Award, please visit here.
How to enter
- Fill in an online entry form. We will send a confirmation email with the submission number to your email address.
- Please combine all files into one zip file and upload it.
* Please note that zipped files should be titled with the submission number provided in confirmation email.
- Go to the payment page.
* There are two ways to pay the entry fee: PayPal or wire transfer.
* If you would like to pay using an alternative method, please contact email@example.com
- Movie File
Format: H.264 (Mov or Mp4)
- Film Still
- Film Credits
- Script/Dialogue List in English or Japanese
If your work is selected, you will be requested to provide additional materials.