Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020
CG Animation Competition Submission Guidelines
Calling for a wide range of animated short films that use computer-generated graphics.
August 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020
1. Any animated short films using either partly or fully computer–generated graphics.
2. Japan Premiere
4. Running Time
25 minutes or under. No exceptions. Running time includes end credits.
5. Production Year
The film must have been produced after June 1, 2018. The festival committee will determine the production date of your film based on the copyright year listed in the end credits.
6. Production Country
English subtitles are required for submissions with languages other than English or Japanese.
AWARD & PRIZE
Best Short Award: 600,000 Japanese Yen
*Awards are subject to change.
Please complete the online submission either on Shortfilmdepot (www.shortfilmdepot.com) or FilmFreeway (www.filmfreeway.com).
To submit your film, you’ll be requested to create an account and register your film.
For more details, please refer to the instructions of the chosen online platform (Shortfilmdepot/ Filmfreeway) after you read the submission guidelines thoroughly.
Selection results will be announced by the end of April 2020 on the official festival website.
The National and International Tour of the Festival will take place after SSFF & ASIA 2020 in Tokyo ends. All selected films will be screened in Tokyo, but not all selected films will be screened at all locations. The filmmakers will be notified in case their films will be screened in the tour.
- Works in progress will NOT be accepted.
- If selected, filmmakers are required to provide an Apple ProRes file or NTSC HDCAM as a screening copy.
- By submitting the film, the submitter acknowledges that the Festival has the right to screen the film in any competition or program at SSFF & ASIA 2020 if selected.
- Festival venues, dates, awards, travel awards etc. are subject to change at any time.