- Release Period： Branded movies that have/will have their first release between January 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023.
- Duration： Under 25 minutes.
- Rules for Participation：
Submissions must be videos produced with the aim of communicating the brand or services of a company/organization to its customers.
The movie can be submitted by any relevant companies.
Entry Period and Entry Fee
Early Deadline: August 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022 : JPY 15,000.-
Regular Deadline: October 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022 : JPY 20,000.-
Final Deadline: December 1, 2022 – February 28, 2023 : JPY 30,000.-
- For multiple submissions of more than 3 entries, a discount is applied (Early Bird: 13,500 JPY per entry, Regular: 18,000 JPY per entry, Final: 27,000 JPY per entry).
Please inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to promote Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia and Branded Shorts, selected works may be screened/streamed at events or via websites managed by the Committee for Short Shorts (operations company: Pacific Voice Inc.) or other third parties involved.
- The entering company must receive approval from all related parties.
- To avoid conflict with the aforementioned stipulation, please ensure that the individual rights relating to writers, performers, musicians etc. have all been cleared in advance before submitting.
- If the submitted work is in a language other than English or Japanese, please submit an English or Japanese script or dialogue list.
- Refunds will not be issued under any circumstances.
Shortlisted works will be selected by Committee for Short Shorts. Shortlisted works will be announced in the BRANDED SHORTS website in every month. Nominated works will be selected from the shortlisted works. Nominated works will be introduced on the official website and then will be screened or/and streamed at SSFF & ASIA 2023.
Eight criteria: essentiality, ability to change perceptions, shareability, strength of message, viewership retention, originality, timeliness, and memory retention.
Branded Shorts of the Year
Out of the nominated works, jury members from various backgrounds will select the Branded Shorts of the Year and following awards.
Deloitte Digital Awards
Deloitte Digital and Committee for Short Shorts will select Deloitte Digital Award, with theme of “fusion of digital and humanity” under the following criteria: Purpose, New, Design, Human Experience and Engagement.
HR Competition supported by Indeed
Best HR Short Award will be selected from among the submitted works of BRANDED SHORTS, which have the purpose of recruiting human resources (HR) and can feel the philosophy, characteristics, and message of companies and organizations.
Visual Tourism Award, Japan Tourism Agency Commissioner’s Award
Among tourism promotional films, movies, and videos produced in all 47 prefectures in Japan, the Grand Tourism Award (Commissioner of Tourism Award) will be given to the most creative, promotional, and topical work, based on the perspective of tourism promotion.
【How to submit】
- Please register your information to create your account.
- Please fill in the forms, make the payment and upload the movie from the following link.
* Please note that zipped files should be titled with the submission number provided in confirmation email.
- Movie File（required）
Format: H.264 (Mov or Mp4)
File size： Up to 10GB preferred
- Film still picture（required）
- Credit List（required）
If your work is selected, you will be requested to provide additional materials.