August 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023
1. Theme: “Tokyo”
“Tokyo” must feature in the film. You do not have to show the real Tokyo or even shoot in Tokyo, and depictions can be based on your imagination or fiction.
Films shot in and around Tokyo
Films depicting locations or objects based on the image of “Tokyo”
Films depicting Tokyo 100 years from now
2. Japan Premiere:
3. Genre: Any
All genres are accepted.
4. Running Time:
25 minutes or under. No exceptions. Running time includes end credits.
5. Production Year:
6. Production Country:
English subtitles are required for submissions with languages other than English or Japanese.
MOV or MP4 file.
Best Short Award: 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
*Awards are subject to change.
(1) For any inquiries regarding shooting in Tokyo for this competition, feel free to contact the Tokyo Location Box (http://www.locationbox.metro.tokyo.jp/english/).
(2) Materials available on the Tokyo Stock Footage website can be used for this competition for free.
Note 1: Except Zojoji Temple, Sensoji Temple and Roppongi Hills
Note 2: Please make sure to include “Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau” in the credits.
Please complete the online submission either on the official festival Website, Shortfilmdepot (www.shortfilmdepot.com) or FilmFreeway (www.filmfreeway.com).
To submit your film on the official festival website
1.Please register your information to create your account.
2.Please fill in the forms and upload the movie from the following link.
Type: MOV or MP4 file
Frame Rate: 1920 x 1080
File Size: Under 10 GB preferred
To submit your film either on Shortfilmdepot or FilmFreeway, you’ll be requested to create an account and register your film. For more details, please refer to the specific instructions for the chosen online platform (Shortfilmdepot/Filmfreeway) after you have read the submission guidelines thoroughly.
The selection results will be announced by the end of April 2023 on the official festival website.
The National and International Tour of the Festival will take place after SSFF & ASIA 2023 in Tokyo ends. All selected films will be screened in Tokyo, but not all selected films will be screened at all locations. The filmmakers will be notified in case their films will be screened in the tour.
＜＜ PLEASE NOTE ＞＞
- Works in progress will NOT be accepted.
- If selected, filmmakers are required to provide an Apple ProRes file as a screening copy.
- By submitting the film, the submitter acknowledges that the Festival has the right to screen the film in any competition or program at SSFF & ASIA 2023 if selected without any screening fees.
- The selected films will be streamed online at the festival online venue during the festival period.
- Festival venues, dates, awards, travel awards etc. are subject to change at any time.
Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia
Past Award Winners' Comment