Early Submission: August 1, 2023 – September 30, 2023
Regular Submission: October 1, 2023 – November 30, 2023
Late Submission: December 1, 2023 – January 31, 2024
Early Submission: JPY 2,500
Regular Submission: JPY 3,500
Late Submission: JPY 4,500
1. Short Films shot by smartphones.
Partially shot by smartphone is acceptable. Any equipment could be used for editing. No limitation of brands of smartphones.
2. Japan Premiere:
Any genres are accepted.
4. Running Time:
25 minutes or under. No exceptions. Running time includes end credits.
5. Production Year:
6. Production Country:
English subtitles are required for submissions with languages other than English or Japanese.
Best Short Award: 600,000 Japanese Yen
*Awards are subject to change.
Please complete the online submission either on the official festival Website, Shortfilmdepot (www.shortfilmdepot.com) or FilmFreeway (www.filmfreeway.com).
To submit your film on the official festival website
1. Please register your information to create your account.
2. Please fill in the forms and upload the movie from the following link.
Type: MOV or MP4 file
Frame Rate: 1920 x 1080
File Size: Under 10 GB preferred
To submit your film either on Shortfilmdepot or FilmFreeway, you’ll be requested to create an account and register your film.
For more details, please refer to the instructions of the chosen online platform (Shortfilmdepot/ Filmfreeway) after you read the submission guidelines thoroughly.
Selection results will be announced by the end of April 2024 on the official festival website.
The National and International Tour of the Festival will take place after SSFF & ASIA 2024 in Tokyo ends. All selected films will be screened in Tokyo, but not all selected films will be screened at all locations. The filmmakers will be notified in case their films will be screened in the tour.
＜＜ PLEASE NOTE ＞＞
- Works in progress will NOT be accepted.
- If selected, filmmakers are required to provide an Apple ProRes file as a screening copy.
- By submitting the film, the submitter acknowledges that the Festival has the right to screen the film in any competition or program at SSFF & ASIA 2023 if selected without any screening fees.
- The selected films will be streamed online at the festival online venue during the festival period.
- Festival venues, dates, awards, travel awards etc. are subject to change at any time.
- If selected, films will be required to have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses, and other authorizations for copyrighted content included in the film. A music cue sheet is mandatory for any copyrighted musical composition.
- The Festival parent company will obtain the commercial rights of the award winner films.
- All films submitted to the Short Shorts Film Festival will be catalogued in the Short Shorts Film Festival website and LIFE LOG BOX service. This implies that by submitting, you consent to have all of your entries displayed on both the Short Shorts Film Festival website and LIFE LOG BOX service, irrespective of whether they are chosen for the official competition or not.
If you wish to cancel your entry:
To cancel your film being catalogued in the Short Shorts Film Festival website, please contact the festival office.
To cancel your entry on the LIFE LOG BOX service, please set your content to private on your LIFE LOG BOX account.