Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020
Submission Process & FAQ
Have your project completed and ready to submit!
We receive numerous requests regarding the acceptance of work-in-progress films however SSFF&ASIA only accepts completed projects. This will mean that your work must have a fixed title and duration by the time you submit.
Choose the category that best matches your project.
You can find the details for each category on our FilmFreeway or Shortfilmdepot page. Before submitting, please read through the terms and conditions for each category as the deadlines and rules differ.
Congratulations, you’re done!
After you have completed your submission, you will receive a confirmation email from your selected platform. We plan to announce all the selected films by the end of April 2020. *Please be aware that the announcement dates are subjected to change.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Director’s nationality (based on what is written on their passport)
- Shooting location
- Language used in the film
- Nationality of the cast (based on what is written on their passport)
- Source of funding
Uploading your video file
Japan Premiere status
A The situation may change based on the subtitles and language in your film. Your film MUST keep the Japan premiere status from August 1, 2019 until Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020 in Tokyo ends. The following cases will affect the Japan premiere status and will be disqualified.
- Films screened in Japan on any media and for any occasion including screening events, film festivals and so forth before and/or during Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020 in Tokyo.
- Films streamed online with Japanese subtitles and/or in the Japanese language before and/or during Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020 in Tokyo.
- Non-dialogue films available online will be ineligible.
*If the film is in a non-Japanese language, has no Japanese subtitles and is available online outside of Japan, it will still be eligible for the competition.
*Please note that the announcement dates are subjected to change.