What is BRANDED SHORTS ?
SSFF & ASIA established "BRANDED SHORTS" in 2016. "Cinematic communication", in which companies and organizations go beyond the framework of "advertising" and aim to convey their social value (services and products to consumers, appealing experiences.) It could be called a new form of communication with consumers. We define them as branded movies and introduce them as "BRANDED SHORTS" based on our own standards as an international short film festival.
For 2022, we call for entries of branded movies throughout the world, screen a wide variety of works, and hold events and seminars to further revitalize the video advertising market and film and entertainment industry.
BRANDED SHORTS web site：http://brandedshorts.jp/en/
1. Release Period
Branded movies that have/will have their first release between January 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
Under 25 minutes.
3. Rules for Participation
Submissions must be videos produced with the aim of communicating the brand or services of a company/organization to its customers.
The company/organization can be part of any industry. The movie can be submitted by any relevant party; the company/organization it was produced for, the advertising company, the production company etc.
Entry Period and Entry Fee
August 1st, 2121 (Sun) ? September 30th, 2021 (Thu): 15,000 JPY (inc. tax)
October 1st, 2021 (Fri) ? November 30th, 2021 (Tue): 20,000 JPY (inc. tax)
December 1st, 2020 (Wed) - February 28th, 2022 (Mon): 30,000 JPY (inc. tax)
* For multiple submissions of more than 3 entries, a discount is applied (Early Bird: 13,500 JPY per entry, Regular: 18,000 JPY per entry, Final: 27,000 JPY per entry).
- In order to promote Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia and Branded Shorts, selected works may be screened/streamed at events or via websites managed by the Committee for Short Shorts (operations company: Pacific Voice Inc.) or other third parties involved.
- The entering company must receive approval from all related parties.
- To avoid conflict with the aforementioned stipulation, please ensure that the individual rights relating to writers, performers, musicians etc. have all been cleared in advance before submitting.
Other things to note
- If the submitted work is in a language other than English or Japanese, please submit an English or Japanese script or dialogue list.
- Refunds will not be issued under any circumstances.
SSFF & ASIA will select nominated works. Nominated works will be introduced on the official website and then will be screened or/and streamed at SSFF & ASIA 2022.
○ Branded Shorts of the Year
Out of the nominated works, jury members from various backgrounds will select the Branded Shorts of the Year and following awards.
○ Deloitte Digital Award
Deloitte Digital and Committee for Short Shorts will select Deloitte Digital Award, with theme of “fusion of digital and humanity” under the following criteria: Purpose, New, Design, Human Experience and Engagement.
○ HR BRANDED SHORTS 2022
It will be selected from among the submitted works of BRANDED SHORTS, which have the purpose of recruiting human resources (HR) and can feel the philosophy, characteristics, and message of companies and organizations.
○ Visual Tourism Award, Japan Tourism Agency Commisioner's Award
Among tourism promotional films, movies, and videos produced in all 47 prefectures in Japan, the Grand Tourism Award (Commissioner of Tourism Award) will be given to the most creative, promotional, and topical work, based on the perspective of tourism promotion.
How to enter
- Fill in an online entry form. We will send a confirmation email with the submission number to your email address.
- Please combine all files into one zip file and upload it.
* Please note that zipped files should be titled with the submission number provided in confirmation email.
- Go to the payment page.
* There are two ways to pay the entry fee: PayPal or wire transfer.
* If you would like to pay using an alternative method, please contact
- Movie File
Format: H.264 (Mov or Mp4)
- Film Still
- Film Credits
- Script/Dialogue List in English or Japanese
If your work is selected, you will be requested to provide additional materials.