Cinematic Tokyo Program
Founded in 2017, the "Cinematic Tokyo” program showcases short films introducing the various charms of Tokyo.
Jeff is a salaryman trying to fit into the hierarchy of the Japanese workplace. But when his wife cuts his daily budget, Jeff's life begins a downward spiral, leaving him to choose what he needs more: his job or his family.
Where is TOKYO?
Early in the morning of Christmas Eve 2018, we interviewed Matt, a traveler from LA in Haneda Airport. He came to Japan to look for his girlfriend, who set the meeting spot at "Tokyo".
The big city, Tokyo. People living here have their own stories. A guy from Beijing and a girl from Kyoto come across with each other and see the scenery of Tokyo.
Robu, a 17-year-old American boy is on the four-day quest in Japan to find the second issue of his favorite Japanese comic book that his father left him. Shortly into his adventure, Robu realizes that the manga world was happening in real life, and that the main character was himself.
Lost in Tokyo
Lost in Tokyo tries to present the biggest city of the world in a melanchonic but yet positive way. The film reflects the experiences made by the two directors while exploring the city for the first time while at the same time wants to encourage other travelers to come here as well.
Benjamin visits Tokyo to see Miko. At her place, he finds a photo that’s caught his attention. It was taken at the winery 40 years ago. There are Benjamin, his deceased wife, and Miko’s parents in it. Miko starts to tell a story behind it.
Jose’s Tour de Tokyo
“Jose’s Tour de Tokyo” is a story of a young Mexican man, Jose, and his first visit to Tokyo as he works for a social media influencer, Alex. Running around town in an attempt to fulfill his demands, Jose discovers the charms of the city.
- Competitive Programs
- International Program 1
- International Program 2
- International Program 3
- International Program 4
- International Program 5
- International Program 6
- International Program 7
- International Program 8
- Asia International & Japan Program 1
- Asia International & Japan Program 2
- Asia International & Japan Program 3
- Asia International & Japan Program 4
- Asia International & Japan Program 5
- Asia International & Japan Program 6
- Asia International & Japan Program 7
- Asia International & Japan Program 8
- Asia International & Japan Program 9
- Asia International & Japan Program 10
- Asia International & Japan Program 11
- CG Animation Program 1
- CG Animation Program 2
- Save the Earth! Program
- Cinematic Tokyo Program
- Non-Fiction Program 1
- Non-Fiction Program 2
- Non-Fiction Program 3
- U-25 Project
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 1
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 2
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 3
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 4
- Special Programs
- Shibuya Diversity Program
- War and the Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross 1
- War and the Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross 2
- Kaohsiung Film Festival Program from Taiwan
- Asiana International Short Film Festival Program from Korea
- Ladies for Cinema Project
- Child Actors Program
- Andaz Tokyo 5th anniversary program 1
- Andaz Tokyo 5th anniversary program 2
- Online SSFF & ASIA Special Selection
- Event & Seminar
- CINEMA FIGHTERS PROJECT Special Screening
- Screening and Award Presentation of the "Kawagoe City Short Film Award"
- Creator's Seminar
- Team MANRIKI
- BRANDED EVENT 1
- BRANDED EVENT 2
- Andaz Cinema Salon＠The Rooftop