Save the Earth! Program supported by RIREI
Birthplace tells the symbolic story of a man arriving on a perfect earth, who encounters his nemesis in the form of ocean trash.
The Black Mambas
Formed by a group of local, black women from communities surrounding the Kruger National Park, The Black Mambas is South Africa's first and only all-female, anti poaching unit, the first line of defense in an attempt to rescue their country's threatened rhino population from the edge of extinction.
P. I. Tchaikovski’s ballet masterpiece The Swan Lake is more than 130 years old. But since that time the environment has changed. The contemporary adaptation of The Swan Lake is a reflection of ecodisasters happening in the world’s lakes and seas.
Whiskey, cigars and rich food paired with playing cards. The obvious frame of a stylish and comfortably get-together. However in this case the attendees do not play for fun and their standing but for their own life.
A camera travels through natural and artificial landscapes to help us chew and digest our materials (and their leftovers) needed for production of media and energy. The waste that slowly floats in the air. Piles of garbage, toxic chemicals and oils bursts from the grounds marking the success of consumerist culture.
Toad Geno and his neighbors are forced to seek a new habitat because a construction site invades the pond where they live. Geno cares only for himself. But then he realizes that they’ll only survive if they all help each other.
A local conservationist saves an unwanted swarm of bees from extermination using his gift; the ability to communicate with honeybees.
LO AND BEHOLD
On an isolated mountain top, a forlorn trekker encounters an odd man who has a request. Lo and behold, strange event unfolds.
“Fourth Wall” is the side of the society that remains invisible, but similar throughout the globe. The only significant difference is people’s characteristics. A world that is reproducing it self in order to produce, surviving rather instinctively. The film is based on the notes of a ten-month trek.
I Wish For You
A woman finds a long lost letter from her grandfather. As she reads it, his words evoke strong emotive memories as well as a love and hope for the world around us that transcends time.
- Competitive Programs
- International Program 1
- International Program 2
- International Program 3
- International Program 4
- International Program 5
- International Program 6
- International Program 7
- International Program 8
- Asia International & Japan Program 1
- Asia International & Japan Program 2
- Asia International & Japan Program 3
- Asia International & Japan Program 4
- Asia International & Japan Program 5
- Asia International & Japan Program 6
- Asia International & Japan Program 7
- Asia International & Japan Program 8
- Asia International & Japan Program 9
- Asia International & Japan Program 10
- Asia International & Japan Program 11
- CG Animation Program 1
- CG Animation Program 2
- Save the Earth! Program
- Cinematic Tokyo Program
- Non-Fiction Program 1
- Non-Fiction Program 2
- Non-Fiction Program 3
- U-25 Project
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 1
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 2
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 3
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 4
- Special Programs
- Shibuya Diversity Program
- War and the Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross 1
- War and the Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross 2
- Kaohsiung Film Festival Program from Taiwan
- Asiana International Short Film Festival Program from Korea
- Ladies for Cinema Project
- Child Actors Program
- Andaz Tokyo 5th anniversary program 1
- Andaz Tokyo 5th anniversary program 2
- Online SSFF & ASIA Special Selection
- Event & Seminar
- CINEMA FIGHTERS PROJECT Special Screening
- Screening and Award Presentation of the "Kawagoe City Short Film Award"
- Creator's Seminar
- Team MANRIKI
- BRANDED EVENT 1
- BRANDED EVENT 2
- Andaz Cinema Salon＠The Rooftop