War and the Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross 1
Wars and other situations of violence ruin many people’s lives all over the world, even at this moment. People are losing their loved ones as well as a peaceful state of mind. Regardless of where we live, in conflict or in peace, we share the same values for human dignity; sitting down for a meal, chatting with family and friends and spending time with your lover.
By projecting those struggling with various types of hardships in this program, we would like you to get to know how they live. Then think about what you can do first to help people around you, and what peace brings and means to you. Let's spread a sense of caring, peace and tranquillity to the world! In doing so, we can contribute to the "Power to Live" of all mankind.
Snow for Water
The true story of two small Bosnian children during the siege of Sarajevo, who are asked by their father to collect and fill the bath up with snow, so that when it melts it will become water. The children risk their lives amid motar shells and sniper bullets to try to fulfil their father's wishes.
If two diplomats do not find an agreement quickly, it will be the end of the world.
A little boy is scared to go to the toilet. His father - a military soldier - taught him "A real man should pee in the toilet not the pot". The father went to war in the East of Ukraine and didn't come back home. The son should become a man now.
(This film contains scenes that some viewers may find disturbing.) The plot revolves around two German soldiers and their daily routine. They are truck drivers, seemingly ordinary, but in reality are drivers of a gas van. Their typical day consists of preparing and cleaning the truck, and the conversations that take their minds off of their reality – picking up people from camps.
An amateur artist sketching in a churchyard has a series of encounters with a young woman, who we might come to believe is a ghost. In fact, the truth is stranger than that.
Akiko Takakura is one of the last survivors of the atomic bomb explosion of Hiroshima. During Obon she receives the spirits of her parents and is haunted by memories. Akiko's childhood consists of constant rejections and beatings. Finally Akiko experiences fatherly love in the midst of Hiroshima’s ruins.
Arto is waiting for his wife and child in his car. As they return from the store they tell him that an unknown man harassed them. Arto decides to take the law into his own hands and plans to make a video to shame the man on social media.
- Competitive Programs
- International Program 1
- International Program 2
- International Program 3
- International Program 4
- International Program 5
- International Program 6
- International Program 7
- International Program 8
- Asia International & Japan Program 1
- Asia International & Japan Program 2
- Asia International & Japan Program 3
- Asia International & Japan Program 4
- Asia International & Japan Program 5
- Asia International & Japan Program 6
- Asia International & Japan Program 7
- Asia International & Japan Program 8
- Asia International & Japan Program 9
- Asia International & Japan Program 10
- Asia International & Japan Program 11
- CG Animation Program 1
- CG Animation Program 2
- Save the Earth! Program
- Cinematic Tokyo Program
- Non-Fiction Program 1
- Non-Fiction Program 2
- Non-Fiction Program 3
- U-25 Project
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 1
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 2
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 3
- BRANDED SHORTS Program 4
- Special Programs
- Shibuya Diversity Program
- War and the Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross 1
- War and the Power to Live Program supported by Red Cross 2
- Kaohsiung Film Festival Program from Taiwan
- Asiana International Short Film Festival Program from Korea
- Ladies for Cinema Project
- Child Actors Program
- Andaz Tokyo 5th anniversary program 1
- Andaz Tokyo 5th anniversary program 2
- Online SSFF & ASIA Special Selection
- Event & Seminar
- CINEMA FIGHTERS PROJECT Special Screening
- Screening and Award Presentation of the "Kawagoe City Short Film Award"
- Creator's Seminar
- Team MANRIKI
- BRANDED EVENT 1
- BRANDED EVENT 2
- Andaz Cinema Salon＠The Rooftop